Welcome!!!!

Welcome to my BLOG!!! I am so excited to start writing. I am going to write about anything and everything. Please feel free to leave your comments good or bad. I need your feedback!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Way Way Tuff

Waylon
     I want to share with the world my beautiful little grandson "Waylon."  Sometimes God sends unexpected joy and miracles into our lives, and believe me  when he sent us this special little angel I knew I would love him but, had not a clue as to how far and wide my love would go.  It goes way beyond what I could have ever imagined.
     Waylon was born with a severe form of epilepsy.  He has suffered since he was minutes old.  He at times suffers with siezures  every 20 minutes.  He has to be on many medications and a special diet called the ketogenic diet.  He is  delayed and at times my heart breaks for what he has to go through, I wished I could help but your left feeling so helpless and it is not a good feeling. 
     All we can do right now is give him love and support and prayers.  When he looks into my eyes my heart melts and I would do anything for him.  Anyone who loves someone who suffers from siezures knows the heartache, but mostly you are hurting for your loved one.  He is ten months old now and we are beginning to see that this is going to be a long hard road for Waylon, his parents and all who love him.  The neurologists cannot find a reason for his seizures.  They think it may be genetic.  He is not eligible for surgery because his seizures are all over his brain and he suffers from several kinds.  He is in there we know that, he watches us and loves us to talk to him and sing to him. He is trying to smile and has starting cooing.  He smiled for a few days when he was two months old but the seizures took that way.  And this  last week or two he has actually been trying to smile!  Talk about the unexpected joy that  a tiny little smile brings.
     I love this little man whose nickname is Way Way Tuff!  My little blue eyed red haired angel anyway we think he is going to be a red head!  There will be many more posts about about this little miracle and how his progress is.  Anyone who knows anything about epilepsy can leave comments any advice would be appreciated!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment